Monday, October 17, 2005

Mailbag fun!

Well, it was nice hitting the road for a few days, but it's good to be home. While I was getting smashed in the airport bar waiting for a flight I started a post about a conference I attended titled "The Geneva Convention and the War on Terror and Anyone Else We Designate" featuring John Yoo, one of the authors of the DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel torture memo from 2002. Hopefully that'll be ready to go soon, until then enjoy more fun from the mailbag.

Why yes, I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night: "You people are extinct. Your ancestors died out centuries ago. Why should I pay for you to collect welfare?"

I'm a native American too! "But Native Americans are immigrants themselves! Of course, the legal definition of the word 'indigenous' and its use in international compacts means nothing, in fact I expect the UN will change its declarations to accomodate my personal view of the world any day now."

Why don't you appreciate the inner beauty of Republicans? "Individuality bad, assimilation good."

More inner beauty: "Isn't there someplace where you people can go and not encounter discrimination? If you choose not to go there, the discrimination you receive is your fault."

The mating call of the conservative (or "they're poor because they want to be"): "In the past you people had no utilities, no cars, and no DVD players, so complaining about poverty and asking for me to sympathize is clearly asking too much of me as a human being."